If you are planning to opt for the best orthopedic hospital in India it would evoke mixed reactions from certain sections of the society. But stick to your guns and go on to choose the best in the business. The reason being that they have top notch state of the art facilities that you can compare to the best among the world. In addition the waiting lists in most of the hospitals is almost nil in comparison to the advanced countries.
Who is a candidate for orthopedic surgery?
For a considerable amount of time orthopedic surgeries have been conducted in order to deal with problems of skeletal systems along with their attachments. It could relate to the tendons or the ligaments. The chances are that it could come up with some issues of the nervous system particularly the spine. The problems could arise at the time of birth or when you age. The nature of problems can be acute or chronic in nature.
The major types of orthopedic procedures
- Knee replacement– this works out to be a procedure, where the surgeon removes the damaged or diseased parts of the knee joint and then would replace them with artificial components. This is referred to as knee arthroplasty. This surgery has a couple of functions, the first one would be to reduce the pain and the second has to be that the condition of the knee improves. As the importance of the ability with regards to an individual standing up in a correct manner this ensures greater stability of the knee.
- Hip replacement– This is a procedure where the damaged or diseased parts of the hip joint is being replaced with artificial ones. This goes by the name of hip arthoplasty. To reconstruct or repair a hip joint this procedure is normally undertaken. The artificial components could be made of plastic, metal or a combination of various components. It does provide relief in terms of pain relief and improves the functioning of the hip.
The preparation phase of the surgery?
Just like any other form of surgery there is a risk of infection, excessive bleeding or allergic reaction can be observed to anaesthesia. The risks that could arise from orthopedic surgery would mean injury at the site where foreign particles are introduced on to the body. Infections at the site could be found or damage to the spinal cord along with the nerves.
The primary doctor may recommend you to an orthopedic surgeon, or any other doctor as per their choice. Before the surgery, the candidates are required to undergo a series of tests to confirm their candidature for the same. Some of the common tests are MRI, CT scan along with blood tests to name a few. The doctor is going to closely examine the history of the disorder along with the series of treatments that were tried before. Just like any surgical procedure a blood or urine test is a must before any surgery and an ECG or other tests may be advocated before the procedure. For a procedure like knee replacement an individual can choose to donate their own blood which could become handy in terms of emergency situations.
Numerous numbers of people have been part of successful orthopedic surgeries, and their main aim is to recover and restore the lost function. The degree of success would be dependent on the health along with the age of the patient. The problem that is being treated along with the commitment of the patient to commit towards the path of recovery. Abnormal results would mean swelling or redness in the region of the site.
Why India appears to be the best choice for your orthopedic needs?
The concept of orthopedic surgery in India has gone on to evolve considerably in the last few years
Safer anaesthesia, advanced surgical methods along with short recovery periods is the pillars on why this surgery has gone on to become popular. When you choose a country like India you do avail a lot of advantages
- Savings on the cost front– When you choose a country like India you end up with savings on the cost front. For example in comparison to the savings you save somewhere in the region of close to 50 % if you choose India
- Access to some of the best hospitals along with doctors of the world– the surgeons of the country are known for their precision and skill all over the world. What has been observed is that most of them have gone on to undergo education in the top institutes of the world and then come back to India in order to focus on their skill sets. Unless the doctors in other parts of the world they are not money minded. They are going to guide the patients on the best course of treatment that it is available. Sometimes it has been seen that surgery does not prove to the only option as alternate treatments could suit the bill. Even the doctors who are practicing in India work out to be the of the extreme high calibre
- A tourist destination– Very few countries of the world has such beautiful tourist attractions when you compare them to India. The backwaters of Kerala to the beautiful beaches of Goa, to the desert of Rajasthan the list are endless. When you are on a medical tour, as part of the recovery process you can undertake a trip to any of these locations. This would contribute to the process of recovery in a big manner
- No communication problems. This does appear to be a major cause of concern for medical tourists. When they come to the foreign shores they need the help of a person to assist them in matters of communication. This does not occur in a place like India since English does appear to the second most language that is used here. Even the support staffs are well versed with the language that helps these patients considerably.