What is Achilles Tendonitis?
Excessive walking or exercise commonly causes Achilles tendonitis, especially for athletes. Some symptoms of this are pain or swelling in the back of your heels. Tendinopathy is named because there is no exasperate cells are present in patients suffering from that pain. And now to cure this we have got achilles tendinopathy treatment at NYDNREHAB clinic.
What is its anatomy?
The achilles tendon is a tough band of fibrous tissue that connects the calf muscles to the heel bone (calcaneus). The gastrocnemius and soleus muscles (calf muscles) unite into one band of tissue, which becomes the Achilles tendon at the low end of the calf.
This pain is mostly suffered by the middle aged males. The achilles tendinopathy treatment at NYDNREHAB clinic can sure cure this very efficiently. These can be of two types:
- Mid portion 2-6 cm from insertion of the tendon to the heel.
Reasons for which it is caused:
- Excessive running, walking, jumping, exercise and several sport activities which causes continuous movement to the body, Achilles tendinopathy is supposed to be occurred through time because of the over pressure on the tendon which creates micro tears in the tendon which may leads to severe injuries , pains, burning and irritation to the Achilles tendon and deterioration too.
- It can also be caused even when our activities doesn’t gives any kind of high pressure to the Tendon.
- And many external causes are also there.
Signs and indication
Especially in the morning, after waking up you will stiff. Sometimes a cracking sound is also created. Pain will continue throughout the day.
Because we have got widespread experience in treatment of both athletic and non- athetic population. We make sure the treatment should give positive outcome in an efficient manner. For every individual treatment a separate planning is done. The treatment is done by various methods mentioned below and sometimes combining the methods also we gets very positive outcomes especially by combining ESWT and eccentric loading exercises.
Danger and negative factors:
- Foot pronation will increase through time.
- Strength of ankle plantar flexors weakens, lower than 50.0 n-m and dorsiflexion range of motion higher than 9.0o.
- Abnormal subtalar joint range of motion.
- Cholesterol level gets high
- Antibiotic medicine(Fluoroquinalone)
Several ways of diagnosing:
- Clinical history and examination: This is the preliminary one and usually very helpful in detecting the problem.
- Diagnostic ultrasonography: this method is used to detect the problem in a more précised way, i.e., up to which stage it has reached, its location in the Achilles tendon.
- Radiology: also considered as one the important way of treatment in detecting the stage of the Achilles tendon.
According to the survey, it was found that young athletes’ treatment takes a very little period of time may be nearly 3 months as compared to the middle age zone people; they may take twice the period of time.
What are the various ways of treatment?
- Eccentric loading
- ESWT(Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy)
- Taping -insertional type
- Manual therapy
- And many others like laser, lontophoresis, ultrasound, plasma and steroid injections.